MACC seeks Interpol Red Notice against Tun Daim’s sons


PETALING JAYA: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) will seek an Interpol Red Notice against two sons of the late Tun Daim Zainuddin, namely Muhammed Amir Zainuddin Daim and Muhammed Amin Zainuddin Daim.

The move follows their failure to appear at the MACC headquarters despite being ordered to do so under three notices to attend for examination dated Feb 13, March 11 and April 6.

“Their legal representatives had previously indicated their commitment to attend on April 6, but both once again failed to do so without any reasonable excuse,” it said in a statement on Monday (April 6).

Also failing to appear without a satisfactory reason was an associate of Daim, Josephine Premla Sivaretnam, despite being instructed by the MACC.

The commission said it would also work with the Immigration Department to restrict and monitor the movements, as well as the passport status, of the individuals concerned following their failure to give statements.

However, another child of the late Tun Daim, Asnida Abdul Daim, attended and cooperated with the MACC, while Md Wira Dani Daim had informed the commission in advance of his absence.

“MACC stresses that it will not compromise on such non-compliance and will take firm action."

They will also face legal action under Section 48(c) of the MACC Act 2009 for failing to comply with an order to attend for examination under Section 30(1)(a) of the same Act.

The MACC said it viewed seriously the failure of the individuals concerned to cooperate in the investigation.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Welfare Dept to take custody of baby who tested positive for drugs
Scammers shifting to RCS, iMessage to spread phishing URLs, says MCMC
Putrajaya to prevent future disputes over Sabah blue economy
Anwar to attend Annual Leaders' Consultation during two-day working visit to Brunei
Driver killed after lorry crashes into drain near Ayer Hitam school
Melaka BN being courted like a 'maiden' ahead of state polls, says Ab Rauf
Anwar to make important announcements on Aug 30, Sept 16
Kedah MB's ex-political secretary ordered to enter defence in bribery case
Ex-1MDB CEO doesn't know why allegations in separate suit changed, court hears
SC wins suit, five individuals ordered to pay RM103.75mil

Others Also Read