KUALA LUMPUR: A woman and her five children who were reported missing in Bentong have been found safe.
Bentong OCPD Supt Zaiham Mohd Kahar said the family turned up at the Bentong district police headquarters at about 9.30pm on Wednesday (1 April).
“Preliminary checks revealed that the woman and her children left their home without informing her husband due to a misunderstanding.
“We are grateful for all the co-operation shown, especially by Bentong residents, in helping to locate the victims,” he said when contacted on Thursday (2 April).
The woman and her five children were previously reported missing from their home in Taman Orkid, Bentong, since Monday (29 March).
Supt Zaiham said the woman’s 43-year-old husband lodged a police report at 7.34pm the same day, after failing to locate his family.
He said the woman, identified as M. Rekha, 41, and her children, aged between four and 19, were last seen at their home in Taman Orkid.
“The man noticed that his wife and children were missing at around 6.30am on Monday. When he could not find them despite searching on his own, he proceeded to file a police report,” Supt Zaiham added.
