No new charges in Zara Qairina case until inquest ends, says AG


KOTA BHARU: The Attorney General's Chambers (AGC) does not plan to charge any other individuals in connection with the death of Form One student Zara Qairina Mahathir until the inquest proceedings at the Coroner's Court are completed.

Attorney General Tan Sri Mohd Dusuki Mokhtar said that so far, only five female students have been charged in relation to the case.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Over 400 flee homes as floods hit Kota Marudu, Pitas
Johor MACC committed to working closely with state govt to enhance good governance, strengthen integrity
PAS to discuss Opposition Leader position on Feb 22, says Hadi
Anwar seeks swift passage of Bill limiting PM to two terms
Police seek public help to locate Myanmar teen missing since Jan 31
Police inspector recharged with failing to arrest suspect under Arms Act
Unemployed man charged with murder ordered to undergo psychiatric assessment

Others Also Read