Two detained over false claims involving school projects in Perlis


KANGAR: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has arrested two men in connection with an investigation into false claims involving more than RM2mil in 2022.

According to a source, the duo, aged 43 and 50, were detained on Tuesday (June 17) afternoon when they turned up to give their statements at the Perlis MACC office here.

They are believed to have used five construction companies to undertake maintenance, upgrading and repair works at five secondary schools in Perlis, involving an allocation of RM2.459mil.

The source said the men were released on MACC bail of RM10,000 with one surety at 9.30pm.

The two individuals were previously arrested by the Selangor MACC in 2023 and charged in Kuala Lumpur under Section 420 of the Penal Code in connection with a project in Selangor.

Perlis MACC director Mohd Nor Adha Ab Gani confirmed the arrest and said the case was being investigated under Section 18 of the MACC Act 2009. – Bernama

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Body of drowned Chinese national found
All govt agencies mobilised to assist flood victims in Sabah, says Zahid
Three more suspended in HRD Corp governance reset
Penang's esplanade seawall, promenade project wins Unesco heritage award
DAP’s pledge to back unity govt key to stability, says Fuziah
Malaysia weighs Impact of US tariff ruling, says Johari
Urgent action needed to combat synthetic drug abuse among students, says Lee Lam Thye
Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan

Others Also Read