Nik Nazmi accepts divisional polls results


KUALA LUMPUR: PKR vice-president Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad said he has accepted the results of the party’s divisional elections, which have been confirmed and finalised by the central leadership council (MPP).

Nik Nazmi, who failed to defend the Setiawangsa division chief position after losing to filmmaker Datuk Afdlin Shauki, said he had used the correct channels regarding the election results.

“I used the party’s channels and anything else I will follow the party’s channels as well,” he said yesterday, Bernama reported.

Nik Nazmi, who is the Natural Resources and Environmental Sustainability Minister, was previously reported to have sent a letter of protest to the party’s election committee over the result.

On Monday, PKR secretary-general Dr Fuziah Salleh said the results of the elections for all divisions nationwide had been confirmed and finalised by the MPP.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur

Others Also Read