Family of heart attack victim wants to meet woman who helped save his life


KUALA LUMPUR: The family of a 55-year-old man who suffered a heart attack recently is hoping to meet the woman who performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on him and helped save his life.

The woman is said to have gone to the rescue when the man collapsed at the domestic arrival hall at Kuching International Airport on Wednesday (April 30).

In a video that has since gone viral, the rescuer in a striped blouse and black shorts is seen kneeling over an unresponsive man, performing CPR as airport personnel look on.

In a Facebook post on Saturday (May 3), cardiologist Dr Tang Sie Hing said the man's family hopes to meet the woman.

"(His) family members have asked me to publish this... to contact the young woman who performed immediate CPR at the domestic arrival hall at Kuching International Airport at 11.30am on April 30.

"The man, who is from Sibu, had complained of chest pain and stomach ache for three days after a recent trip to China.

"He boarded a flight from Sibu to Kuching, travelling alone.

"When he landed in Kuching and exited the domestic arrival hall, he suddenly collapsed and the woman walking behind him immediately started performing CPR.

"She continuously provided CPR for 30 minutes and assisted in the use of the automated external defibrillator," he said.

Dr Tang said the man was then taken to a hospital, where it was found that he had a near-fatal cardiac event.

"A coronary angiogram showed two of his vessels were 100% blocked and an ad hoc coronary angioplasty was done.

"He heart has now been stabilised.

"He has regained full consciousness and has suffered no neurological deficit.

"His family members and friends express their heartfelt gratitude to the woman for her timely effort.

"Without her intervention, the outcome would be unimaginable," he said.

Dr Tang urged anyone who might know the woman to reach out, as they want to thank her.

Anyone with details or who knows the woman can contact Ngu (013-804 6882).

 

The family members of Mr. Law have requested me to publish this post in order to contact this awesome young lady who did...Posted by Tang Sie Hing on Thursday 1 May 2025

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Housewife charged again over offensive post against King
Wiring faults leading cause of fires involving heritage building in Penang, says Bomba
Penang Pakatan remains open to working with Barisan, says Chow
Barisan to continue maintaining understanding in Unity Govt, says Zambry
MBI Selangor denies involvement in Bernam Maritime Industrial Park project
Anti-sexual harassment tribunal resolved 69 cases so far this year, says Nancy
Court acquits former Perlis MB's son of RM19,505 false claim charge
Nancy: We are monitoring the sexual harassment case in Sarawak involving police officer
Mindef to strengthen local defence industry, says Khaled
Woman fined RM2,000 for offering sexual services

Others Also Read