Johor Baru cops bust burglary, vehicle theft gang: four suspects to face charges


JOHOR BARU: Four local men, will face charges at the Magistrates' Court here for their involvement in house break-ins and vehicle theft.

Johor police chief Comm Datuk M. Kumar said that following intelligence gathering and public information, police launched an operation on Dec 11, 2024, which led to the arrest of an active house break-in and vehicle theft gang.

“A series of raids in three different locations around Johor Baru led to the arrest of the four suspects aged between 41 and 52.

“In the raids, police also seized several items, including mobile phones, branded handbags, wristwatches and other electrical items believed to be stolen.

“Police also seized several items from the suspects to break into homes such as Allen key, face masks, gloves and three vehicles,” he said in a statement here on Thursday (Jan 2).

Comm Kumar added that checks on the suspects found the first suspect has 15 offences, the second suspect has 64 offences, the third suspect has 25 offences and the fourth suspect has 29 offences on their criminal record, respectively.

He also said that all four suspects tested positive for drugs and have been committing crimes since 2011

“With the arrests, police have solved 19 house break-ins and vehicle theft cases reported last year in Johor Baru, Iskandar Puteri, Seri Alam, Pontian, Muar, Tangkak and Kota Tinggi.

“Investigation papers have been referred to the state Deputy Public Prosecution Office, and we have received orders to charge them at court,” he said.

Comm Kumar added they would be charged at Johor Baru magistrate court on Friday (Jan 3), followed by court appearances in Pontian and Muar.

He urged the public to report any criminal activities to the Johor police at their hotline numbers: 07-2212999 or 07-2254677.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Azam Baki files defamation suit against news agency
Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar

Others Also Read