Terengganu police waiting for medical report on student who collapsed after vaping


MARANG: Terengganu police are waiting for the full medical report on a secondary school student in Kemaman who lost consciousness after using an electronic cigarette or vape last month.

Terengganu police chief Datuk Mohd Khairi Khairudin said this is necessary for before police can take further action.

"According to (media) reports, the student lost consciousness after using an electronic cigarette. However, we need to see the medical report first," he said after the launch of the Terengganu contingent Taman Angkat Skuad Aman Wanita (Amanita) 2024 here on Saturday (Aug 3).

Mohd Khairi said police always collaborate with schools to check negative activities involving students, including the use of electronic cigarettes and bullying.

"Police under the Crime Prevention and Community Safety Department visit schools across the state daily to gather information on any issues in these schools," he said. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Johor declares May 25 a state holiday following JDT's Malaysia Cup win
Queen arrives in Turkiye for three-day special visit
Police hunt two brothers over theft of cash box from budget rice seller
No enforcement on non-Muslim houses of worship pending guideline review
Teenage girl reported missing during hike in Tanjong Malim
Pakatan forms three sub-committees to gear up Penang for GE16
PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai

Others Also Read