Crowd gathers at PJ court complex ahead of possible arrival of Zayn Rayyan's parents


PETALING JAYA: A crowd has gathered at the court complex here on Wednesday (June 12) ahead of the possible arrival of the parents of murdered six-year-old autistic boy Zayn Rayyan Abdul Matiin.

Sinar Harian reports that members of the media have been gathering since 7.30am, adding that only those with official business have been allowed in.

Zayn Rayyan's parents are currently on a six-day remand extension to assist with investigations.

The couple was initially remanded for seven days from June 1 to assist the police investigation under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

Zayn Rayyan's parents had been arrested at Puncak Alam at about 11am on Friday (May 31).

ALSO READ : Police extend remand for Zayn Rayyan’s parents

On Dec 5 last year, six-year-old Zayn Rayyan was reported missing in Damansara Damai and his body was found near a stream about 200m from his home at the Idaman Apartment the next day.

A post-mortem revealed injuries to his neck and body, leading to the conclusion that he had been killed.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Immigration Dept detains 24 foreigners in anti-prostitution raid
Fuel prices May 21-27: Diesel, unsubsidised RON95, RON97 prices increased
IJM Corp share acquisition: Two individuals under MACC investigation
Royal Press Office urges stern action over fake TikTok account impersonating, insulting King
Malaysia awaiting results of Saudi probe into detention of five Malaysians in Mecca
MACC seeks AGC's assistance to contact individuals in Taiwan, UK on RM1.1bil investment case
Govt urged to include tour buses under diesel subsidy scheme
No need for by-elections for Pandan and Setiawangsa, says EC
Coroner's court: Uncle describes close bond between Zara Qairina, mother
Selangor PBM members quit because 'promises never materialised', says Sng

Others Also Read