Ulu Tiram attack: Slain hero Konstabel Ahmad Azza Fahmi laid to rest

TAPAH: Konstabel Ahmad Azza Fahmi Azhar, who was killed by a "lone wolf" attacker at the Ulu Tiram police station in Johor on Friday (May 17), was laid to rest at 6.43pm Saturday (May 18) at the Kampung Poh Muslim Cemetery in Bidor near here.

The coffin bearing his remaIns arrived at the cemetery at 6.35pm for a Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) Hero's Burial Ceremony.

ALSO READ: Ulu Tiram attack: National hero Konstabel Muhamad Syafiq laid to rest

The coffin was carried out of the PDRM hearse with a slow march and shortly afterwards, the Jalur Gemilang that draped the coffin was folded and handed to the deceased's father Azhar Khaiden by Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay.

This act represented the Malaysian government's tribute to the deceased and his family.

ALSO READ: Ulu Tiram attack: Injured policeman in stable condition, says Home Minister

The body was then lowered into the grave and the burial was completed at 6.43pm, followed by the recitation of the talkin led by Ahmad Azza Fahmi's uncle, Tajaruddin Hassan.

More than 1,000 people, including family members, police personnel, and villagers, attended the final journey of the national hero.

Earlier, the remains of Ahmad Azza Fahmi arrived at his residence in Kampung Poh Tambahan, Bidor, from the Johor police contingent headquarters at around 6pm.

ALSO READ: Ulu Tiram attack: Queen pays last respects to two slain policemen

Funeral prayers were then held and last respects were paid by about 500 family members and friends who were present.

The funeral procession involved 17 personnel and an officer in ceremonial attire from the Tapah district police headquarters and was received by the family in a solemn atmosphere.

In the incident at 2.45am Friday, Konstabels Muhamad Syafiq Ahmad Said, 24, and Ahmad Azza Fahmi, 22, died in the attack at Ulu Tiram police station, while another policeman Koperal Mohd Hasif Roslan was shot and was reported to be stable after being treated at Sultan Ismail Hospital (HSI).

Police confirmed that a 21-year-old male suspect was shot dead in the incident. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Melaka hoteliers oppose to heritage tax hike, says MAH
Sarawak on right path in using AI, implementing green technology, says state govt
Youth have been encouraged to donate blood by regular donor in Ipoh
PTPTN launches loan restructuring campaign with minimum payment of RM300
Tanjung Aru Beach and park have remained accessible to the public, reassures Pandikar
Malaysia-China ties have always been mutually beneficial, says Anwar
Raya cheer for Pulau Betong fishermen
Join hands to champion rakyat’s welfare, Zahid tells leaders
Govt never defended parties collaborating with Israel, says minister's aide
Stronger police resources needed to combat cybercrimes, Says Lam Thye

Others Also Read