KDA FC defender Rizal fails in bid to get charges dropped, trial set for July 1


Rizal Ghazali (left) arriving at the Petaling Jaya Magistrate's Court on Monday (April 1). - Photo courtesy of Sinar Harian

PETALING JAYA: The Attorney General's Chambers (AGC) turned down the representation submitted by Kedah Darul Aman FC (KDA FC) defender Rizal Ghazali to drop two charges of beating his girlfriend and damaging her mobile phone in a hotel room last year.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Siti Maryam Jamilah Md Kamal announced this during the mention of the case for the decision of the representation of Rizal, whose full name is Mohd Rizal Mohd Ghazali, 32, before Magistrate Zhafran Rahim Hamzah.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Seven-day remand for man suspected of setting woman on fire
Budget 2027: Penang urges govt to commit to establishing new financial centre
Kelantan Customs seizes nearly 2 million sticks of smuggled cigarettes
Fuel prices Aug 20-26: Unsubsidised petrol, diesel prices all up 10-20sen
Govt has final say on SC oversight of Tabung Haji, says chairman
Immigration lorry hit by car just before fatal crash, say cops
Former 1MDB CEO denies deal with late Sri Ram to testify in favour of company
Suing ex-MACC chief, AG not an act of revenge, says Shahrir
Bersama’s Ayer Keroh candidate draws on multicultural roots to reach voters
Immigration lorry crash: Family calls for answers, transparent probe

Others Also Read