‘Step up or lose out to other nations’


Tourists enjoying the sights of Kuala Lumpur. — FAIHAN GHANI/The Star

PETALING JAYA: With neighbouring countries snapping at our heels, tourism players want the stakeholders in the industry to further step up or lose out, even as the country registered a 40% increase in arrivals following the recent visa-free move.

The policy to exempt visas for China and India nationals to Malaysia was implemented on Dec 1 last year.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
tourism industry , visa-free move ,

Next In Nation

Cable thieves nabbed after high-speed chase in Kota Kinabalu
Perak govt to expand subsidised neutering programmes to areas lacking vet services, says exco member
Sabah PKR leaders quit, state rights push continues
Eight arrested in five-star hotel after local man dies
Malaysia urges inclusive framework agreement to secure Strait of Hormuz passage
Counselling services help women facing domestic violence, says Melaka Exco
Kelantan explores REE potential in Gua Musang
Cooperate on scams or face legal action, Fahmi tells Facebook
Tengku Mahkota orders MAF to seek Sultan’s consent for Pahang military drills
Two siblings feared drowned in Sungai Beril

Others Also Read