Domestic Trade Ministry sec-gen says ready to cooperate in cooking oil subsidy probe


PETALING JAYA: The Domestic Trade and Cost of Living Ministry is ready to cooperate with any party related to the alleged overpayment of RM9mil in cooking oil subsidies, says its secretary-general Datuk Azman Mohd Yusof.

Sinar Harian reported Azman saying that he was called by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) last year to give his statement about the process related to the distribution of subsidised cooking oil.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages
Zara Qairina inquest: Perceived child-parent conflict not direct factor in death, says psychiatrist

Others Also Read