KOTA KINABALU: Curiosity doesn’t always kill the cat. Sometimes, it just gets one stuck.
This happened to a toddler who was said to have gotten curious on what was inside a speaker.
The toddler had put her hand deep into a speaker box’s hole to find out and could not get it out after that.
Sabah Fire and Rescue Department assistant director of operations Misran Bisara said the child’s mother had then alerted them about it for help.
"We received a call about this at around 3.41pm, Tuesday (Jan 31) at Taman Kinamaun Kota Kinabalu," he said in a statement, Wednesday (Feb 1).
He said firemen had arrived at the scene and got the girl’s arm out using special tools.
"No one was injured in this incident," Misran said.
Operations ceased around 4pm.
It was learnt that the speaker was still usable after the incident.