THIS lush and serene enclave tucked away in a sweet spot between the fringes of Petaling Jaya and Kuala Lumpur used to be nothing more than a rubber estate.
Now, the affluent township of Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) is one of the most prestigious and sought after residential neighbourhoods in the Klang Valley.
Since construction works began in 1973, TTDI expanded from a uniquely designed, low-rise suburban community into a metropolitan infrastructure of high-rises and accelerating development – landing it the prestigious FIABCI Award of Distinction for Residential Property in 1994.
Reminiscing on TTDI’s journey to popularity, UDA Holdings Berhad president and chief executive officer Mohd Salem Kailany credited the township’s success to UDA’s commitment to ensure all development projects it embarks on would be as successful as well.
He assures that UDA is committed in carrying out its mandate to build a better Malaysia by leading and shaping urbanisation of Kuala Lumpur, the Klang Valley as well as major cities across the nation.
“We are focused on our quest in providing the best we can for Malaysians. We have constantly and continuously implemented steps of development, especially in urban areas, to keep our word in striving for excellence since our establishment five decades ago.
“But it was really the success of TTDI which boosted our confidence and motivated us to carry on developing other prominent townships such as Bandar Baru UDA in Johor Baru and Bandar Tun Hussein Onn in Selangor,” says Mohd Salem.
To date, UDA’s efforts and implementations have resulted in significant success not only for the company, but the country as well.
In 1984 UDA developed the Dayabumi Complex in Kuala Lumpur which is recognised as the first skyscraper in Malaysia using Japanese steel technology.
Various aspects of UDA’s business are also improved from time to time including aspects of corporate social responsibility (CSR). UDA was awarded the Leadership Excellence Award in Community and Sustainability Initiatives by CSR Malaysia at the Sustainability & CSR Malaysia Awards 2021.
UDA continues its winning streak this year, bagging 16 awards covering various aspects and product range including real estate and shopping centres under UDA’s purview such as the Angsana Johor Baru Mall.
The prestigious awards received were the StarProperty 2022 All-Stars Award, PropertyGuru Asia Awards (Malaysia) 2022 People’s Choice Category, ASEAN Property Developer 2022 Outstanding Contributor Award, amongst others.
“These awards demonstrate the company’s status as a key industry player and leader in the real estate sector. We are particularly proud that UDA is succeeding in making strides and gaining recognition in the Asian region.
“Pisonia Ville, a real estate project of ours, was awarded the Best Integrated Work From Home Development (Malaysia) at the PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards 2022 which took place in Bangkok recently,” says Mohd Salem.
UDA has also been recognised as the HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022 (Malaysia Region) and the HR Asia Most Caring Company Awards 2022, he shares, adding that UDA’s role in empowering entrepreneurs was also acknowledged when it won the BrandLaureate SMEs Strategic Business Partner Award 2022.
The developer’s achievements in risk management were recognised by the Malaysia Association of Risk and Insurance Management at the 2022 MARIM International Conference.
It received the Recognition of Risk Management Teams For Their Excellence In Resilience During The Covid-19 Pandemic.
“Not only do all these awards enhance UDA’s image, branding, credibility and product quality, they serve as a catalyst to propel us further towards delivering continuous excellence and high value products to our customers,” says Mohd Salem.
UDA Holdings Berhad, formerly the Urban Development Authority, was established in 1971 to advance the nation’s urban development in business, industry and housing.
The company has flourished, expanded and diversified over the years. It is now a government-linked company under the Ministry of Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives’ purview.
Led by experienced and highly qualified professionals, UDA strives to consistently enrich the lives of Malaysians by delivering best-value products and services, as well as innovate and grow entrepreneurially in building the nation’s future.
UDA aims to remain sustainable via application of its main pillars LIFE – Legacy, Integration, Finesse and Enrichment – in all business networks UDA throughout Malaysia.
Its core businesses include property development (UDA Property) and asset management which comprises hospitality (AnCasa Hotels & Resorts), property investment and management (mall/real estate management) and facility management (UDA Dayaurus).
LIST OF AWARDS IN 2022
1. The BrandLaureate SMEs Strategic Business Partner Award 2022UDA Holdings Berhad won SMEs Strategic Business Partner
2. The Edge – Best Managed & Sustainable Property AwardsAngsana Johor Baru Mall won Silver Winner for Retail (Above 10 Years)
3. The Edge – Best Managed & Sustainable Property AwardsEvoke Residence won Special Mention for Multiple-Owned Strata Title (Below 10 Years)
4. StarProperty Awards 2022 – Real Estate DeveloperCrescent Dew won 1st place for Best Luxury Development
5. StarProperty Awards 2022 – Real Estate DeveloperAnggun Residences won 2nd place for The Pinnacle Award (Best High-End High-Rise Development)
6. StarProperty Awards 2022 – Real Estate DeveloperGravitas won 2nd place for Best Northern Malaysia Development
7. StarProperty Awards 2022 – Real Estate DeveloperUDA Holdings Berhad won StarProperty All-Stars Award
8. ASEAN Property Developer Awards 2022 (APDA)UDA Holdings Berhad won Outstanding Contributor Award
9. ASEAN Property Developer Awards 2022 (APDA)38 Bangsar Residensi won Best Modern Living Development
10. Malaysia Association of Risk and Insurance Management – 2022 MARIM International ConferenceUDA Holdings Berhad won Recognition of Risk Management Teams for excellence in resilience during the Covid-19 pandemic
11. PropertyGuru Asia Awards Malaysia with iProperty 2022UDA Holdings Berhad won People’s Choice Award
12. PropertyGuru Asia Awards Malaysia with iProperty 202238 Bangsar Residensi won Best Secure High-Rise Development
13. PropertyGuru Asia Awards Malaysia with iProperty 2022Pisonia Ville won Best Integrated Work From Home Development
14. PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards 2022Pisonia Ville won Best Integrated Work From Home Development (Malaysia)
15. HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022UDA Holdings Berhad won HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022 (Malaysia Region)
16. HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022UDA Holdings Berhad won HR Asia Most Caring Company Awards 2022