19,500ha of reserve approved for forestry activities


KOTA BARU: A total of 19,500ha of permanent forest reserve (HSK) area in Kelantan has been approved for forest exploration activities under the 12th Malaysia Plan (12MP), the state assembly heard.

Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob said the felling of the trees in the affected areas was based on the Annual Felling Ration (CTT) set by the National Land Council at its 77th meeting on Sept 8 last year.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Body of drowned Chinese national found
All govt agencies mobilised to assist flood victims in Sabah, says Zahid
Three more suspended in HRD Corp governance reset
Penang's esplanade seawall, promenade project wins Unesco heritage award
DAP’s pledge to back unity govt key to stability, says Fuziah
Malaysia weighs Impact of US tariff ruling, says Johari
Urgent action needed to combat synthetic drug abuse among students, says Lee Lam Thye
Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan

Others Also Read