Road accidents during CNY exodus this year down 26%, says IGP


KUALA LUMPUR: The number of road accidents recorded nationwide during Op Selamat 17 from Jan 28 until Feb 5 in conjunction with this year’s Chinese New Year home exodus dipped by 26% to 11,325 cases compared with 15,382 last year, says Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani.

He added that the number of fatal accidents reported also decreased by 19% to 108 cases compared to 133 last year.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Police , Op Selamat , Chinese New Year , Accidents

Next In Nation

Five areas in Sarawak record unhealthy API as of 9am
Do you know ... about Orang utan Facts?
INTERACTIVE: KL, Penang and Putrajaya record biggest rise in local tourists
PM open to hybrid tax
The toxic river tragedy
A 10-day holiday within reach this month
‘Fragmented forests a big threat’
A ride of love that goes the distance
‘Pilot’s�extradition to be considered later’
Ministry to provide one shared school field in every zone

Others Also Read