Demonstrators stopped at Jalan Travers-Bangsar intersection by police barricade


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 22 Jan 2022

KUALA LUMPUR: Participants of the #TangkapAzamBaki rally have made their way from the Bangsar LRT Station and have now stopped at the Jalan Travers-Bangsar intersection.

Brickfields police have told the organisers of the protest that they cannot proceed further.

The police Light Strike Force (LSF) is manning a human barricade at the intersection.

It was learnt that the organisers had earlier attempted to negotiate with the police to walk to Masjid Negara.

Activist Adam Adli Abdul Halim, Mandeep Singh, Bukit Gasing assemblyman Rajiv Rishyakaran and Seputeh MP Theresa Kok were seen amongst the crowd.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Rally , Protest , Azam Baki , Police , Road Block , Walk

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read