Floods: All 113 educational institutions hit by deluge, used as PPS, not ready to operate, says MOE


  • Nation
  • Monday, 03 Jan 2022

KUALA LUMPUR: None of the 113 educational institutions under the Ministry of Education (MOE) that were affected by floods or used as temporary evacuation centres (PPS) are ready to operate for the time being.

The MOE, in a statement, said there were 18 schools still inundated, 87 schools used as PPS and eight that had recovered from the floods.

"The MOE will continue to monitor and update every Wednesday the list of educational institutions that were hit by floods or used as PPS.

"Changes to the list issued by the MOE will be subject to the current flood situation,” it said on Monday (Jan 3).

The list can be accessed via the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.my/.

The MOE added that educational institutions that had been cleaned and ready to resume operations would do so on Sunday or Monday of the following school week.

Educational institutions under the MOE refer to schools, vocational colleges, matriculation colleges and teacher education institutes as well as private schools registered under the MOE.

Schools under Group A will begin the third term of the 2021/2022 school session on Jan 9 while those in Group B will start on Jan 10. - Bernama
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

MOE , Ministry of Education , PPS , floods , schools

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read