Flood: DBKL ready to assist in clean-up operation outside KL, says Shahidan


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 26 Dec 2021

KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) is ready to assist in the post-flood clean-up operation in areas outside the federal capital, especially in the Klang Valley, says Datuk Seri Dr Shahidan Kassim (pic).

The Federal Territories Minister said so far, over 20 lorries and 10 excavators have been mobilised to help with the cleaning up of flood-hit areas in Hulu Langat, Selangor as well as Bentong, Temerloh and Mentakab in Pahang.

"I have also proposed to the district officer earlier that we outsource NGOs (non-governmental organisations) to provide assistance in the form of lorries and backhoe rental.

"Starting tomorrow, there will be one NGO that will assist in this area (Puchong), with each team having one backhoe and three lorries to remove garbage and so on,” he told reporters after inspecting the flood-affected areas in Puchong near here on Sunday (Dec 26).

He also urged all quarters, including NGOs, to focus on channelling aid that is more suitable in the post-flood situation.

Meanwhile, Shahidan said DBKL was also prepared for the possibility of a second wave of floods.

He added that the flood situation in Kuala Lumpur, which affected 1,056 families and recorded over 80 cases of landslides, is now under control.

Earlier, Shahidan joined Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob to visit flood-hit areas around Puchong.- Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

DBKL , Shahidan Kassim , flood , assistance , NGO

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read