Sabah: Travellers will not need swab tests after Dec 1, says Hajiji


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 20 Nov 2021

KUALA LUMPUR: Travellers entering Sabah will not have to take swab tests from Dec 1, says Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor.

Speaking on the sidelines of the Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (MATTA) Fair here, Hajiji said the traveller needs to be fully vaccinated.

"As we have entered the next phase (of the National Recovery Plan), the state has decided that travellers coming into Sabah do not need to take swab tests from Dec 1. However, they need to be fully vaccinated," said Hajiji to reporters here.

Previously, travellers were required to take RT-PCR tests before entering Sabah.

Sabah entered Phase Four of the NRP on Nov 8.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read