SIBU: Rumah Sebastian Ngalang Juntan has become the 58th longhouse here to be placed under lockdown.
Sibu OCPD Asst Comm Stanley Jonathan Ringgit said the decision to enforce the lockdown was made on Wednesday (Jan 27) after two residents of the longhouse tested positive for Covid-19.
"The longhouse is located about 15km from the town and is the latest to be subject to movement restrictions, bringing the total to 58 so far," he said.
He said the police have received instructions to set up a 24-hour roadblock at the entrance to the longhouse, which has 235 residents.
"The movement restriction period will start on Wednesday (Jan 27) for a period of two weeks," he said.
According to him, a total of 20 residents of the 73-door longhouse had undergone a Covid-19 screening test on Jan 20.
He also advised all longhouse residents to stay where they are until the latest instructions are issued.
Did you find this article insightful?
100% readers found this article insightful