More evacuated as floods worsen in Terengganu and Kelantan


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The flood situation in the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia has worsened, with the number of victims evacuated to temporary relief centres (PPS), at of 8am Sunday (Dec 20), rising to 7,308 evacuees compared to 6,627 Saturday (Dec 19) evening.

In TERENGGANU, the number of victims increased to 6,305 people from 1,663 families as of 8am compared to 5,776 people (1,478 families) at 4pm Saturday, which led to the opening of three more PPS, making it 49 PPS in total so far.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Floods , Terengganu , Kelantan

Next In Nation

Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit

Others Also Read