Two areas in Ipoh to be placed under EMCO until Dec 14, says Ismail Sabri


  • Nation
  • Monday, 30 Nov 2020

PETALING JAYA: Two areas in Ipoh will be placed under an enhanced MCO after a rise of Covid-19 cases there, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said that Zone A of Taman Klebang Jaya and Taman Pinji Mewah will come under the enhanced MCO for 14 days from Tuesday (Dec 1) until Dec 14.

This follows a rise of positive Covid-19 cases among workers of the Kamaya and Salutica factories in Ipoh.

“Based on the risk assessment, the Health Ministry has confirmed that Covid-19 has spread from workers of the two factories to their homes, ” he said during his daily briefing on the Covid-19 situation Monday (Nov 30).

He said that a total of 1,402 workers from the Kamaya factory had been screened for Covid-19, with 228 testing positive.

Of those testing positive, 110 live in Taman Klebang Jaya.

He added that 737 tests had been conducted on workers at Salutica with 119 testing positive and another 618 still awaiting their results.

Of those testing positive, 89 live in Taman Pinji Mewah.

The enhanced MCO in Taman Klebang Jaya involves 1,061 homes with 4,244 people affected whereas in Taman Pinji Mewah, 1,430 homes with a population of 5,720 people are affected.

“This is to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the community and to enable targeted screening on the residents in the area, ” said Ismail.

He also said that a temporary detention centre in Sibuga, Sandakan, will also be placed under an enhanced MCO from Dec 2 to 15, after 104 positive cases were detected following 324 tests conducted there.

The enhanced MCO there will involve 1,209 individuals – 1,104 detainees and 105 personnel.

Ismail added that Kg Desa Bajau and Kg Dasar Baru in Lahad Datu will also be placed under an enhanced MCO after 90 cases were detected following 665 tests conducted in the two localities.

It will also take place from Dec 2 to 15, involving 914 homes and 4,934 people.

Ismail also said that the enhanced MCO in two localities – Putra Point in Nilai and Sekolah Agama Bantuan Kerajaan (SABK) Maahad Al-Yahyawiah in Padang Rengas, Kuala Kangsar – will be ended after a risk assessment by the Health Ministry.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Wisma Putra needs more funds to better assist M’sian victims of job scams stuck overseas, says Saifuddin
Ipoh High Court rejects cement company’s bid to evict Kanthan cave monastery occupants
Actor Zul Ariffin fined RM30,000 for uploading lewd content
Irregularities found in MySejahtera procurement, says PAC
Non-halal ‘lift' due to requirements by authorities, says local hotel
Ride-share driver injured in car theft
Budget 2023: Govt needs to focus on issues of high interest rates, unsold houses
Extended voting hours among EC measures for GE15, says Wan Junaidi
Not the right time to dissolve Parliament, says PAS
Budget 2023: Balance economic gap between urban and rural areas

Others Also Read