MELAKA: Mahkota Hospital Melaka is not barring visitors from using its main entrance or screening anyone entering the hospital in the wake of the Wuhan coronavirus.
Melaka Health, Anti-Drug and Unity Committee chairman Low Chee Leong said a notice to the effect making the rounds on social media on Monday (Jan 27) was fake.
"Please don't cause a panic in Melaka by sharing fake news," he reminded the public.
Low said so far, no cases of the coronavirus had been reported in Melaka.
He added that private and public hospitals here had never issued any such notice barring visitors.
Did you find this article insightful?
100% readers found this article insightful