KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Investigations so far into the death of Major Mohd Zahir Armaya, who was killed in a demonstration at Lok Kawi Camp on Wednesday (Sept 4), indicate that the incident likely happened due to negligence.
Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Omar Mammah said the case was being investigated under Section 304A of the Penal Code and several individuals would be called in to assist the investigation.
"So far, investigations appear to lead to negligence, but further investigation will be carried out, ” he said.
According to Omar, 11 individuals, including military personnel involved in the shooting incident, had been called to give their statement.
On Thursday, Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador said Royal Malaysia Police were conducting a full investigation into the incident, including identifying the actual cause.
Major Mohd Zahir Armaya, 36, a commando of the 11th Special Forces Regiment, died on Wednesday after being shot during a demonstration in conjunction with the launching of the 5th Infantry Division and the 13th Infantry Brigade in Sabah. – Bernama