Two-year-old girl dies after being hit by ceiling fan


AMPANG: A two-year-old girl died due to injuries sustained after she was accidentally struck by a ceiling fan.

The victim was tossed by a relative while playing at the victim's house on Monday (June 17), according to the Myanmarese complainant, who is the toddler's father.

She was seriously injured following the incident, and was rushed to the hospital by the girl's mother and her brother.

"The hospital confirmed her death, and the body was sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for a post-mortem. Results have shown that the cause of death was due to severe head injury by blunt trauma.

"The police also investigated the house, located along Tasik Tambahan Ampang," said Asst Comm Noor Azmi Yusof in a statement Wednesday (June 19).

He added that the police arrested a 25-year-old Myanmar man on Tuesday (June 18) at the district police headquarters at around 1.15pm.

"He has been remanded until June 25. The case is being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001 for abuse," he said.


   

Across The Star Online


Air Pollutant Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia