KUCHING: Police investigations into the murder of Cradle Fund CEO Nazrin Hassan have been temporarily held up by a delay in the second post-mortem report.
Inspector-General of Police Mohamad Fuzi Harun said police were still waiting for the report in order to proceed.
"We have not received the official report from the second post-mortem.
"We want to expedite the investigation, but we have to be patient and we have to wait for the outcome of the second post-mortem conducted some time ago," he told reporters after presenting the Pingat Jasa Pahlawan to recipients here on Monday (Jan 7).
Asked what was the cause of the delay, Mohamad Fuzi said this was not under the purview of the police.
"This is under the purview of the respective medical officers involved, you have to ask them," he said.
Nazrin, 45, died in a fire at his home on June 14 last year. He was found with 30% burns on his body.
Police reclassified the case as murder, following a forensic investigation by the Fire and Rescue Department.
His remains were exhumed on Oct 8 for a second post-mortem.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!