Free access to information vital

  • Nation
  • Sunday, 16 Oct 2016

Open to all: In the case of exposed high-voltage wires at parks, it is important for local councils to make their data fully and freely available to the public.

WHEN Khairil Yusof found exposed electrical wiring at a lamp post in a playground in Subang Jaya, he realised how little information was actually available about the extent of the problem.

It worried him, especially since it is not a problem to be taken lightly – in 2011, ten-year-old Mohd Naqiuddin Marzuki was electrocuted when he accidentally touched an exposed high-voltage wire on a lamp post in a playground at Taman Baru Tiga in neighbouring Shah Alam.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

News , bureaus


Next In Nation

DPM, Cabinet ministers extend Maulidur Rasul greetings
‘BN’s victory in Pelangai ensures continued growth’
Contraband worth RM1.74mil seized
Fuming over competition clash with Deepavali
Man nabbed with Yaba pills worth over RM2.5mil
Farewell Teluk Bahang jetty
‘Budget 2024 must empower rakyat’
Anwar: All must benefit
Baby turtles make a splash at sanctuary
Gold mining plans scrapped

Others Also Read