Car audio system catches fire, man suffers smoke inhalation and dies


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 28 Oct 2014

GEORGE TOWN: A man died, apparently from smoke inhalation, after the audio system of the car he was in caught fire on Lebuh Chulia here early Tuesday.

Abdul Rahim Md Nor, 63, passed out in the incident that happened at 12.42am, and died at 3am while undergoing treatment at the Penang Hospital.

Lebuh Pantai Fire and Rescue Service operations chief Mohd Suhaimi Abdullah said the owner of the car, in his 50s, was trying to remove Abdul Rahim from the car when firemen arrived.

A family member who declined to be identified, said Abdul Rahim had left his home in Bukit Jambul here at 11pm to meet a friend.

"The doctor said Abdul Rahim suffered a heart attack. He was having difficulty breathing and had to be given aid after he was removed from the car," said the family member when met at the forensic department of the hospital. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Buildings can be used as temporary depots to curb Covid-19, says Chief Secretary
M’sians looking out for one another in time of need
Port Dickson, Seremban under MCO until Feb 1
‘No adverse impact from MCO 2.0’
MEF welcomes Permai aid, but says WSP should be extended
Aid a welcome relief for rakyat
Wee: Permai will help industry players during pandemic
‘Stop quarry activities at Tg Batu’
DAP sacks Malim Nawar rep with immediate effect
‘Hotpot Datuk’ apologises, says will accept any punishment

Stories You'll Enjoy