The Say No to Kidex (SNTK) pro-tem committee, resident associations, Rukun Tetangga, Building Management Corporations and non-governmental organisations presented a memorandum to Selangor Mentri Besar Azmin Ali to object to the proposed Kinrara-Damansara Expressway (Kidex) project.
The memorandum, endorsed by resident organisations representing over 60,000 people, was handed to Azmin at the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah building in Shah Alam.
It contained a report of SNTK technical rebuttal of the Kidex traffic and environmental assessments, a critique of the Kidex environmental assessment by three national NGOs demonstrating level of noise pollution and proximity to schools and other public facilities, and a summary of residents’ concerns about Kidex.
Among those supporting the memorandum are Friends of Kota Damansara, Friends of Kelana Jaya Park, Perdana Emerald Joint Management Body Damansara Perdana, Avenue 23 Residents Association Sunway Damansara, 28 Residency Sunway Damansara, Bandar Utama Residents Association (BU12 Division) and Bandar Utama Residents Association (Bura).
SNTK held the meeting with Azmin as the concession agreement for the proposed Kidex had been extended past its Nov 15, 2014 deadline to February 2015 as reported in StarMetro.
SNTK committee member K.W Mak said Azmin listened to their concerns and did not state a decision but said he would bring it up during the state budget meeting next week.