Royal Pahang Durian signs agreements with Perbadanan Kemajuan Pertanian Negeri Pahang

Royal Pahang Durian Group of Companies chairman Tengku Puteri Raja Tengku Puteri Iman Afzan (seated, left) and Perbadanan Kemajuan Pertanian Negeri Pahang chief executive officer Datuk Suhaimi Mohd Yunus (seated, right) at a signing ceremony between the Royal Pahang Durian Group and Perbadanan Kemajuan Pertanian Negeri Pahang. Observing the sighing ceremony are Pahang Regent Tengku Mahkota Tengku Hassanal Ibrahim Alam Shah ibni Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah (standing, second from right) and Pahang Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail (standing, first right).

PETALING JAYA: The Royal Pahang Durian Group (RPD) has signed two shareholders’ agreements with Perbadanan Kemajuan Pertanian Negeri Pahang (PKPP) to facilitate its entry into large scale durian processing and its participation in the legalisation of encroached farming in the district of Raub, Pahang.

In a statement yesterday, the RDP said the first agreement relates to the subscription of shares in Ample Fruits Sdn Bhd, with Royal Pahang Produce Sdn Bhd taking 60% of the equity and PKPP the remaining 40%.

“Upon subscription of the shares, Ample Fruits Sdn Bhd will be renamed Royal Pahang Durian Produce – PKPP Sdn Bhd (RPDP-PKPP)

“Under the agreement, RPDP-PKPP will invest about RM40mil to build, own and operate a state of the art durian processing facility with an initial freezing capacity of 3,500 metric tons per-month located in Raub.”

When completed, this facility will be by far the largest durian processing facility (frozen whole fruit, pulp and paste) in Malaysia, RDP said.

“It will feature the latest cryogenic freezing technology, highly-automated processing lines, dedicated R&D capabilities and 7,000 tonnes of storage. The plant will be in compliance with the latest export protocols and health and food safety hazard control certifications.”

Meanwhile, the second agreement relates to the subscription of shares in Ample Harvest Capital Sdn Bhd by Royal Pahang Durian Resources Sdn Bhd (75%) and PKPP (25%).

“Ample Harvest Capital will be renamed Royal Pahang Durian Resources – PKPP Sdn Bhd on completion of subscription.”

“Under this agreement, both parties will participate in the legalisation exercise involving initially no less than 7,000 acres in the district of Raub, which have been affected by encroached farming,” said RDP.

In July 2019, RDP was granted the mandate and approval by the Pahang State Government, through the Perbadanan Setiausaha Negeri Pahang (PSK), to undertake and implement its proposal to address the issue of illegal farming in the district of Raub, and to curb further encroachment.

“RPDR-PKPP had also recently submitted some revision of terms to PSK and in anticipation of PSK’s reply, the parties yesterday formalised their shareholders agreement. A further detailed announcement will be made upon official reply by PSK,” said RDP.

Under the legalisation scheme, illegal farmers will be required to cease further land encroachment.

“They are also required to register for Malaysian Good Agricultural Practice certification and comply with environmental regulations, where applicable. In return, they would be allowed to continue cultivating the areas with an agreement to sell their produce through RPD.”

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Durian , signing , plant


Next In News

Air Selangor: Contact 15300 from Dec 1 for queries
When the circus can't leave town - French family show stranded in Belgian car park
'Hotel Rwanda' hero says he was kidnapped and blindfolded before arrest
Belarus' Lukashenko says he will leave post when new constitution is adopted - Belta
Top Glove: 80% of workers at Meru plants tested for Covid-19
Japan PM likely to push back parliament election - Nikkei
Germany's general deportation stop to Syria ought not to apply to criminals - Interior minister
Refugees in Ethiopia's Tigray set to run out of food: U.N.
Man allegedly threatens father with parang in Rawang
Cellist turns locked-down museums into backdrop for 'healing art'

Stories You'll Enjoy