Police submit investigation paper on commando's death to DPP


  • News
  • Tuesday, 10 Sep 2019

KOTA KINABALU: Sabah police have wrapped up investigation into the death of Mejar Mohd Zahir Armaya who was killed in a live firing demonstration at the Lok Kawi army camp, near here, last week.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Omar Mammah said, however, they did not have a specific target on who could be charged in this case that had been classified as negligence.

Omar said they had forwarded their investigation paper to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's office at 4pm on Tuesday (Sept 10).

"We will wait for further instructions from the DPP," he said.

Omar said dozens of people, including the soldier who fired the shot which saw Mejar Zahir killed, had been questioned.

Mejar Zahir, 36, a commando of the 11th Special Forces Regiment and a son of veteran actor-comedian A.R. Badul, died on Sept 4 after being shot during a demonstration at the camp in conjunction with the launching of the Fifth Infantry Division and the 13th Infantry Brigade.


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online