A local resort has been listed as one of the region’s finest all-inclusive resorts.
THE Club Med Cherating Beach in Kuantan has made it to Asia’s top resorts list. In a ranking released by TripAdvisor, the resort was ranked fifth in the region’s Top 10 All-Inclusive Resorts as part of the travel site’s 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards.
Award winners were determined based on the most highly rated all-inclusive resorts on TripAdvisor, as determined through the reviews and opinions of millions of travellers worldwide.
Club Med Cherating Beach is the only all-inclusive resort in the country to be included in the list.
Situated in an exceptional natural setting between lush jungle and the South China Sea, the resort is a 80ha paradise that showcases diverse fauna that include macaque monkeys, gibbons, monitor lizards, rare birds and multicoloured butterflies.
Travellers can enjoy an excursion in a dugout canoe, opt for a rejuvenating session at the spa or relax on the golden stretch of sand at the beach.
“All-inclusive resort is an outstanding option for travellers who want an all-in-one vacation solution, and we’re thrilled to highlight some of the finest around the world,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.
“For those considering a no-hassle stay that provides the convenience of having almost everything you need on property and included in the price, travellers suggest these amazing properties,” she added.
The average nightly rate of award-winning resorts are approximately RM1,550.54 per night.
“We are honoured to have won the TripAdvisor 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards for All-Inclusive Resorts, coming in as one of the top 10 in Asia. Being acknowledged as one of the best affirms our position in the hospitality industry as it gives our guests the assurance they look for when planning a holiday,” said Eduardo Rojas, Club Med Cherating Beach general manager.
The Travellers’ Choice Awards recognise a total of 100 properties and dedicated lists for seven regions around the globe including Asia, Africa, Europe, Caribbean, Mexico, Spain and Turkey. TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site.
Top 10 All-Inclusive Resorts, Asia:
1. Kurumba Maldives, Vihamanafushi, Maldives
2. Maafushivaru, South Ari Atoll, Maldives
3. Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Vabbinfaru, Maldives
4. Club Med Kani, North Male Atoll, Maldives
5. Club Med Cherating Beach, Kuantan, Malaysia
6. Hotel Mermaid & Club, Kalutara, Sri Lanka
7. Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa, Centara Grand Island, Maldives
8. Club Med Bali, Nusa Dua, Indonesia
9. Club Med Bintan Island, Bintan Island, Indonesia
10. Heritage Village Club Goa, Cansaulim, India
Top 10 All-Inclusive Resorts, World:
1. Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
2. Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
3. The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
4. Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica
5. Excellence Playa Mujeres, Playa Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico
6. Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
7. Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
8. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, Playa Maroma, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
9. The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
10. Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, Bahia de Samana, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
For the complete list of winners from the 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards for All-Inclusive Resorts, visit http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/TravelersChoice-AllInclusive.