Actor Kevin Spacey settles out of court with 3 men over alleged sexual assault


By AGENCY
Photo: Reuters

Three men who alleged that actor Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted them have settled their civil claims before going to trial at the High Court in London, courts document show.

The three men alleged that the Academy Award-winning star abused them at times between 2000 and 2013. Spacey has denied the allegations.

Civil trials were due to start later this year, but case judge Christina Lambert last week ordered the proceedings paused, saying the parties had “agreed to the terms of the settlement.”

“By consent, it is ordered that all further proceedings against the defendant in these actions be stayed upon the terms set out in this order and in the confidential schedule,” the judge said.

The terms were not disclosed and the judge did not make any order about costs.

The order, dated March 13, was made public on Wednesday.

Spacey’s representatives have been approached for comment.

Spacey, now 66, was tried in London in 2023 on nine alleged sex offenses against four men, and acquitted on all counts.

Two of the civil claimants, whose identities are protected by legal orders, gave evidence during Spacey’s criminal trial.

Spacey also successfully defended himself against a US$40mil illion civil lawsuit in New York in 2022 brought by Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp.

One of the most celebrated actors of his generation until his career was derailed by sex abuse allegations, Spacey starred in films including Glengarry Glen Ross and LA Confidential and the TV political thriller House Of Cards

He won a best supporting actor Academy Award for the 1995 film The Usual Suspects and a lead actor Oscar for the 1999 movie American Beauty.

Spacey was artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre from 2004 to 2015. – AP

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

'Baby Shark' boy returns to stage as a K-pop singer
'Maximum Pleasure Guaranteed' review: Delivers in crowd-pleasing ways
Cambodia’s 14-year-old Princess Norodom Jenna emerges as rising star and social media darling
HK actor Ha Yu, 83, opens up about feeling distant with his children
Legendary Indian actress Sowcar Janaki dies at 94 after brief hospitalisation in Chennai
Thai actor Ray MacDonald dies at 49
Julie Andrews, 90, will not reprise role in ‘Princess Diaries 3,’ says she’s retired
Philippine singer Vanessa Blanca dies at 30 after accidental fall in bathroom
Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit
'Wednesday' actress Jenna Ortega would go all day without food or water on set as child star

Others Also Read