Anna Kendrick subtly hints at beef with Blake Lively at ‘Another Simple Favor’ premiere


By AGENCY
Both Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively gave cryptic replies when answering questions about working with each other in the new film 'Another Simple Favor'. Photos: AP, AFP

Anna Kendrick had a simple – and shady – answer when asked about reuniting with Blake Lively for the sequel to A Simple Favor amid the latter’s enduring legal battle with Justin Baldoni.

The Woman Of The Hour star and director, 39, was signing autographs at Friday’s (March 7) SXSW premiere of Another Simple Favor when Entertainment Tonight asked the US$400mil question: “What does it mean to be working with Blake again?”

“Oh, you know…” Kendrick said, avoiding the question as she quickly walked off to take a selfie with fans.

Lively, meanwhile, took a slightly different approach when ET asked what it meant to be back working with Kendrick.

“Oh, it’s the best. I’m so happy to be here,” she said – though it’s unclear whether “the best” was in reference to the actress’ working relationship, the excitement around the film or the fact that fans were still clamouring to get their photos taken with the former Gossip Girl star amid her headline-grabbing drama with Baldoni.

Lively in late December filed a lawsuit accusing her It Ends With Us director and co-star of sexual harassment on the film’s set and a retaliatory smear campaign – allegations highlighted in a deep dive by The New York Times.

Baldoni then hit the paper with a US$250mil libel lawsuit, claiming they “cherry-picked and altered” the communications included in the report.

The video player is currently playing an ad. In January, Baldoni filed a US$400mil defamation lawsuit against Lively, her husband Ryan Reynolds and publicist Leslie Sloane, accusing them of civil extortion and defamation.

The two sides have continued to sling insults and allegations in the weeks since, with Lively claiming other actresses can back up her claims of a “toxic set.”

Baldoni and his lawyers – who have said it was Lively who created a hostile work environment – amended their initial lawsuit with claims that metadata proves she was plotting with The New York Times on its“well-calculated hit piece.”

News broke last month that Another Simple Favor would have its world premiere at the Austin, Texas-based media festival on March 7, nearly a year to the day before the duelling lawsuits are slated to head to trial. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

HK actor Ha Yu, 83, opens up about feeling distant with his children
Legendary Indian actress Sowcar Janaki dies at 94 after brief hospitalisation in Chennai
Thai actor Ray MacDonald dies at 49
Julie Andrews, 90, will not reprise role in ‘Princess Diaries 3,’ says she’s retired
Philippine singer Vanessa Blanca dies at 30 after accidental fall in bathroom
Prince Harry and others ordered to pay millions over failed lawsuit
'Wednesday' actress Jenna Ortega would go all day without food or water on set as child star
Hayden Panettiere's mum blames ex Brian Hickerson as history of abuse faces closer scrutiny
Former HK actor Lo Hoi Pang, 84, thanks Chow Yun Fat for motivating him to stay active
Former Miss HK Shirley Yeung live streams up to 10 hours a day to support family

Others Also Read