Blake Lively not invited to Taylor Swift’s Super Bowl suite amid reported tension


By AGENCY
Taylor Swift’s (left) star-studded suite at this Sunday’s Super Bowl is unlikely to include Blake Lively (right) amid reported tensions after the pop star was dragged into Justin Baldoni’s lawsuit against the actress. Photo: TNS

Taylor Swift’s star-studded suite at this Sunday’s Super Bowl is unlikely to include Blake Lively amid reported tensions after the pop star was dragged into Justin Baldoni’s lawsuit against the actress.

The Gossip Girl alum, 37, isn’t scoring an invite to join the 35-year-old Grammy winner as she cheers on boyfriend Travis Kelce and his Kansas City Chiefs teammates as they face off against the Philadelphia Eagles, TMZ reports. Lively and husband Ryan Reynolds had been among Swift’s guests last year.

Just before Christmas, Lively filed a complaint against 41-year-old Baldoni, her director and co-star in It Ends With Us, accusing him of sexual harassment and a retaliatory smear campaign, as described at length in a New York Times piece. By the end of the year, Lively sued Baldoni, who simultaneously hit the newspaper with a US$250mil suit alleging libel.

Baldoni last month filed a US$400mil lawsuit against Lively, husband Ryan Reynolds and her publicist Leslie Sloane for alleged defamation and civil extortion.

In his lawsuit, Baldoni says Lively tried to leverage the celebrity of both her husband, 48, and Swift, referring to them as her “dragons.” Baldoni claims Lively thought the A-listers’ name and star-status would intimidate him into acquiescing to her attempts to take over It Ends With Us, in part by orchestrating a run-in with Swift who then sang her praises.

Baldoni’s lawyer Bryan Freedman has not yet ruled out deposing Swift as part of the case, set to head to trial March 9, 2026, noting it will likely be a “game-time decision.”

Though insiders close to Lively say she has apologised and the pals have made up, sources with direct knowledge told TMZ otherwise and maintain the Style singer is still keeping her distance.

The Daily News has reached out to representatives for Swift and Lively. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

'The Mandalorian And Grogu' review: This is the way to bring Star Wars back
What do Adele and Tom Holland have in common? They graduated from this school
Mandopop singer Jay Chou purchases painting by French artist for RM79mil
Yuna becomes first local artiste to surpass one billion streams on Spotify
Can Baby Yoda bring 'Star Wars' fans back to cinemas?
Paul McCartney helps Stephen Colbert say goodbye to 'Late Show'
Tickets to BTS concerts in Malaysia go on sale June 3
Singer JJ Lin attends girlfriend’s graduation ceremony in New York
Kylie Minogue chose not to reveal second breast cancer diagnosis in 2021
Seagull poops on King Charles during Northern Ireland visit

Others Also Read