Rihanna faces backlash for casting Johnny Depp in Savage x Fenty show


By AGENCY
Rihanna (left) has cast Johnny Depp in the upcoming fashion show for her lingerie line, Savage x Fenty. Photos: Rihanna/Instagram and AFP

Singer and fashion and beauty mogul Rihanna is facing a backlash online following news that she had cast actor Johnny Depp in the upcoming fashion show for her lingerie line, Savage x Fenty.

The news had been confirmed by entertainment outlet IndieWire on Thursday, which said Depp’s role in the show would be similar to model Cindy Crawford’s appearance in last year’s edition, where she opened the show as a “featured star”.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Entertainment

Philippine singer Vanessa Blanca dies at 30 after accidental fall in bathroom
Prince Harry to learn how much failed Daily Mail lawsuit will cost
'Wednesday' actress Jenna Ortega would go all day without food or water on set as child star
Hayden Panettiere's mum blames ex Brian Hickerson as history of abuse faces closer scrutiny
Former HK actor Lo Hoi Pang, 84, thanks Chow Yun Fat for motivating him to stay active
Former Miss HK Shirley Yeung live streams up to 10 hours a day to support family
Singaporean celebs Elvin Ng and Lee Teng post painful goodbyes to their late dogs
Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says
Hayden Panettiere: Drug�Enforcement Administration joins investigation into actress’s�death
BTS, Chris Brown and the fracture of a carefully built narrative

Others Also Read