Malakoff, Gas Malaysia collaborate on O&M services for cogeneration plants


KUALA LUMPUR: Malakoff Corp Bhd and Gas Malaysia Bhd have teamed up to share their expertise and resouces in the undertaking of operations and maintenance services for cogeneration plants in Malaysia.

In a joint statement, the two utility companies, which are members of the MMC Group, said they will form a joint venture company called Malakoff-Gas Malaysia Cogen O&M Sdn Bhd.

It said Malakoff’s subsidiary, Malakoff Technical Solutions Sdn Bhd (MTS), will hold a 51% equity interest and the remaining 49% will be owned by Gas Malaysia’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Gas Malaysia Ventures 1 Sdn Bhd.

MTS is a full-fledged global O&M service provider for power and water desalination plants and has established its footprint in Malaysia, ASEAN and MENA.

“This is a great opportunity for Malakoff to further expand our good track record in the O&M business segment.

"We welcome Gas Malaysia’s participation as our partner, as their vast experience will bring more opportunities and synergies to the JVCo,” said Malakoff managing director and CEO Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib.

Gas Malaysia group CEO Ahmad Hashimi Abdul Manap added that strategic alliances are an increasingly vital element in its long-term growth strategy, and the partnership will further solidify its presence in the market.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Malakoff , Gas Malaysia , joint venture , O&M

   

Next In Business News

CPO FUTURES LIKELY TO TRADE HIGHER NEXT WEEK
Georgieva says examining all IMF research processes to ensure integrity
Oil steadies, paring gains as rising COVID cases spur demand worries
Omicron-fuelled volatility deals hedge funds worst monthly return since March 2020
US-listed Chinese shares take a hit as Didi to exit NYSE
Didi shares plunge more than 20% on plan to delist from NYSE
Wall St ends lower on Omicron worries, Fed taper angst
Micro impact of new variant?
Mixed views on FGV despite Q3 comeback
EG Industries prepares for increased higher-margin orders

Others Also Read


Vouchers