Rhone Ma, Kulim enter JV for dairy project


KUALA LUMPUR: Rhone Ma Holdings Bhd's 49%-owned subsidiary A2 Fresh Sdn Bhd has entered into a joint venture-cum-shareholders agreement with Kulim (Malaysia) Bhd to develop, operate and manage a potential dairy project.

It said in filing with Bursa Malaysia that Kulim shall hold 65% equity interest in the joint venture while A3 Fresh will own the remaining 35%.

The parties estimate that the initial investment requirement for the dairy project will be up to RM41.39mil, excluding the milk processing plant, which will be funded through equity in the form of subscription of shares by the shareholders.

"The dairy project is developed to increase the nation’s milk production to reduce dependence on imported milk and it aims to produce up to 11 million litres of fresh milk a year.

"The joint venture will allow RMH to expand the footprint of its dairy farming business in the southern region of Peninsular Malaysia whilst leveraging on the financial resources of Kulim," said Rhone Ma.

The joint venture is expected to contribute positively to the consolidated earnings and net assets per share of the group for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2021.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Rhone Ma , Kulim , A2 Fresh , dairy , joint venture

   

Next In Business News

Oil prices reach multi-year highs on tight supply
Tesla zooms past US$1 trillion market cap on bet that the EV future is now
S&P 500, Dow close at new highs as Facebook starts heavy earnings week
China manufacturers save supply chains’ blushes
Icahn acts in the best interest of shareholders
Italy, UniCredit fail to clinch Monte dei Paschi rescue deal
Brent oil rises above US$85 as Saudi Arabia vows caution on supply
Yellen expects high inflation through mid-2022 before easing
La Nina threatens to worsen energy crisis
Rogers family can’t decide on who has a seat on company’s board

Others Also Read


Vouchers