China's state-owned sector told to cut ties with US consulting firms


LONDON: China has told its state-owned enterprises to sever links with American consulting firms just days after the US charged five Chinese military officers with hacking US companies, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

The May 19 indictment was the first criminal hacking charge the US has filed against specific foreign officials. It follows a steady increase in public criticism and private confrontation, including at a summit last year between US President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Business News

Suzhou builds photonics powerhouse
Building momentum selectively
Zero tolerance for corruption
Lotte Chemical Titan sale sparks hope but challenges remain
MY Value Up must measure up
A new reality for crypto
Ekovest’s rights issue tests investors’ faith
Mr. Robot comes to town
Big Tech’s debt drives credit risk
An appetite for fresh snacks

Others Also Read