Singapore extends part-time re-employment grant until December 2027


More than 7,500 employers have tapped the Part-Time Re-employment Grant to support their employment or retention of senior workers as at November. - ST FILE

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said on Thursday (Dec 18) that it is extending a grant for employers offering part-time re-employment, flexible work arrangements and structured career planning for senior workers by two more years owing to continued demand.

The Part-Time Re-employment Grant (PTRG), introduced in 2020, will be extended until Dec 31, 2027, amid continued demand, MOM said in a statement.

This is to “continue supporting senior worker employment by providing financial support to employers to offer part-time re-employment to their senior workers”, the ministry said.

Applications, which previously closed in October, reopened on Dec 18.

Under the grant, employers will receive $2,500 for every senior worker they hire, aged 60 and above, subject to a cap of $125,000 per employer.

“Since its introduction in 2020, the take-up of the PTRG has been encouraging,” MOM said.

More than 7,500 employers have tapped the grant to support their employment or retention of senior workers as at November, benefiting more than 65,000 senior workers, it added.

More than $92 million has been disbursed through the grant since 2020.

Any company registered or incorporated in Singapore – including societies and non-profit organisations such as charities and voluntary welfare organisations – can apply for the grant.

The company needs to have at least one resident worker aged 60 years and above at the point of application and claim, according to MOM’s website.

The PTRG is part of measures aimed at strengthening support for senior employment.

Other schemes include the Senior Employment Credit, which provides wage offsets of up to 7 per cent to employers that hire workers aged 60 and over.

Older workers can also tap programmes such as the SkillsFuture Level-Up Programme and Workforce Singapore’s Career Conversion Programme. - The Straits Times/ANN

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Heatstroke kills 16 in India as temperatures climb
United Nations' nuclear nonproliferation talks fail
US House foreign affairs chair warns AI sales to China could make America a ‘loser’
Iran and the US closing in on deal to end the Middle East war
Bersatu refutes Hadi’s allegations, maintains that it upholds consultation, discussion within PN
An aftermatch - Red carpet for Putin: Why China-Russia ties outpace Beijing’s engagement with Washington
Study finds that over half of eight-year-olds in Singapore have used AI; the most popular tool is ChatGPT
Milei guts China currency lifeline after Trump ultimatum on financial ties: reports
‘Soaking wet’: Hong Kong parents furious after last-minute rain warning change
Japan eyes cyber patrols for overstays and illegal work

Others Also Read