US denies China’s claim of expelling USS Higgins from Scarborough


The USS Higgins is one of the two American Navy vessels operating some 56 kilometres off Scarborough Shoal on Aug 13, according to the Philippine Coast Guard which released this photo. - PDI/ANN

MANILA: The United States Navy on Thursday (Aug 14) denied Chinese claims that it warned and expelled the guided missile destroyer USS Higgins during its mission off Scarborough Shoal.

Commander Megan Greene, spokesperson for the U. 7th Fleet, told the Inquirer that nothing untoward happened during its mission on Wednesday, two days after the collision between Chinese ships in the area.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Philippines , US , China , USS Higgins , Scarborough Shoal

Next In Aseanplus News

Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
Myanmar issues complete ban on e-cigarettes and e-shisha
Muslims preserve Ramadan traditions and religious bonding all over South-East Asia, and even in Myanmar to Cambodia
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Next South China Sea code of conduct negotiations set in Singapore in last week of February
Autism among males and females more equal than thought�
Indonesia’s narcotics agency calls for full vape ban over drug abuse risk
Deadly virus kills over 70 tigers at Chiang Mai park in north Thailand

Others Also Read