MANILA: Vice President Sara Duterte’s own office seemed to be unaware of her whereabouts as it failed to provide information on where the country’s second-highest government official currently is.
During a press conference, Office of the Vice President (OVP) spokesperson Ruth Castelo was asked about where Duterte is currently located, especially as the Senate impeachment court is set to tackle her impeachment case, following a decision from the Supreme Court which ruled it “unconstitutional.”
Initially, Castelo responded that the information will still “have to be verified.”
“We’ll get back to you on that before we end this conference,” said Castelo.
She then later responded to the question coyly, stating that Duterte mau just be in her office.
“Who knows, she can just be right in the office—a few steps away,” Castelo said, before once again promising to provide the information before the conference ends.
The press briefing ended without Castelo confirming Duterte’s current whereabouts.
The Vice President last arrived in the country on July 28—during President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s fourth State of the Nation Address, which she skipped—after a trip to South Korea.
Duterte was in Marinduque from July 29 to 31 during disaster relief operations conducted by her office in the province.
Duterte herself previously said that she is scheduled to travel to Kuwait on August 8. - Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN
