Rodrigo Duterte case: International Criminal Court begins steps to let victims’ kin participate


The families of some of the drug war victims gather in Quezon City on March 14 for a viewing of former President Rodrigo Duterte’s first appearance at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, the Netherlands. - Photo: Marianne Bermudez

MANILA: The families of individuals who were victims of extrajudicial killings in former President Rodrigo Duterte’s brutal war on drugs are ready to share their sentiments and concerns to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and seek reparation, one of their lawyers said on Saturday (March 22).

Duterte was arrested last week and handed over to the ICC in The Hague, the Netherlands, to face trial on charges of crimes against humanity, specifically murder, for the thousands killed in his drug war.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing

Others Also Read