Bus catches fire on Singapore's Bukit Timah Expressway, no injuries in fourth vehicle fire reported in five days


Images circulating on social media showed the bus engulfed in flames, with thick smoke billowing from it. - Photos: ST reader

SINGAPORE: No injuries were reported after a bus caught fire on the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) on Thursday (March 6) evening.

Images circulating on social media showed the bus engulfed in flames, with thick smoke billowing from it.

In response to queries, the police said they were alerted to a vehicle fire along the BKE towards the Pan island Expressway (PIE), before the Kranji Expressway (KJE) exit.

The fire involved a single-deck passenger bus.

The driver and 11 passengers evacuated before the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) arrived and extinguished the fire using three water jets.

No injuries were reported, the police confirmed. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

This is the fourth reported vehicle fire within five days and occurred just hours after a car was seen ablaze on a road in Tampines earlier in the morning.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Vehicle fires account for the largest share of fires at non-building premises, according to SCDF’s 2024 emergency medical services and enforcement statistics.

Of the 607 emergency calls received for such incidents, 220 were related to vehicle fires.

The primary causes of vehicle fires are ignition sources such as overheating and electrical faults within the engine compartment. - The Straits Times/ANN

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing
Philippine senator calls out China in visit to disputed island

Others Also Read