Indonesia's losing candidates urge court to disqualify president-elect


Indonesia's presidential election challenger Ganjar Pranowo (left) and vice presidential election challenger Mahfud MD (right) attend the first hearing of their petition over the February 2024 elections. - AFP

JAKARTA: Indonesia's losing presidential candidates laid out their court challenge on Wednesday (March 27) to last month's election, accusing the state of interference and urging a poll re-run and disqualification of the winner, Prabowo Subianto.

Former governors Anies Baswedan and Ganjar Pranowo said the resounding victory of Defence Minister Prabowo was helped by pressure on regional officials from a partisan administration and President Joko Widodo, with social aid used as a tool to ensure just one outcome.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Indonesia , court , Mahfud , Ganjar , elections , results

Next In Aseanplus News

Indian model Twisha Sharma died by suicide, no significant injuries suggesting physical assault: AIIMS medical board report
Balochistan flood project ‘downgraded’ by World Bank over housing cap
Everland theme park in South Korea opens vote to name baby panda
Bursa Malaysia stays higher at midday
Japan defence minister says US, South Korea cooperation 'critical' for security
Woman in Japan rescued eight days after being swept away while river trekking
Minister’s emergency airlift exposes healthcare gaps in Sudurpaschim
Decision on extradition of pilot arrested in Indonesia pending probe, says Saifuddin
Royal Barge rehearsals begin ahead of November ceremony
SST remains, but GST elements may be considered, says Anwar

Others Also Read