Badminton: Indonesia's Anthony Ginting advances to final after shoulder injury forces Kunlavut out at the Singapore Open


Indonesia's Anthony Sinisuka Ginting said he looks forward to tomorrow's showdown with Denmark's Anders Antonsen, who is enjoying a return to form having suffered multiple injuries last year. - AP

SINGAPORE, June 10, 2023 (AFP): Indonesia's Anthony Ginting remains on course to defend his Singapore Badminton Open title after Thailand's Kunlavut Vitidsarn was forced to pull out from the men's singles semi-final on Saturday.

After winning the first game 21-19 against Ginting, Kunlavut lost the second 11-21 before deciding to retire from the third game when he was trailing 6-1.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing
Philippine senator calls out China in visit to disputed island
Cricket-India skipper Suryakumar backs opener Sharma despite three ducks in T20 World Cup
Washington offers US$200 million to boost the American smartphone industry in Indo-Pacific
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
Chinese scientists put quantum chaos in ‘slow motion’
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list, says Hanoi
Myanmar issues complete ban on e-cigarettes and e-shisha
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years

Others Also Read