Cambodia accepts Chinese vaccine, PM first to get jab


Prime Minister Hun Sen and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Phnom Penh in October last year. - The Phnom Penh Post/Asian News Network

PHNOM PENH, Jan 18 (Phnom Penh Post/ANN): Prime Minister Hun Sen said China would offer Cambodia an immediate donation of one million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine produced by the Sinopharm company.

In an audio message addressing the public on the night of Jan 15, he said Cambodia has accepted the offer and will use them on the 500,000 people on the priority list for vaccination.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Cambodia , Accepts , Covid-19 , Vaccine , China

Next In Aseanplus News

Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Thursday (May 21, 2026)
Vietnam mandates health declarations for travellers from July 1
Boat captains suspected of letting students steer vessels before fatal capsizing in Okinawa
Korean coach Kim Pan-Gon is sure his Selangor FC side will fight on after bitter loss to Buriram United
Thai fruit exports surge 56% in first quarter as Commerce Ministry drives aggressive global campaigns
Indonesia, Malaysia have approved asset transfers to new Eni-PETRONAS JV, PETRONAS exec says
HK actor Sean Lau secretly photographed on train, amusing response wins over netizens
India wants return of stranded ships before sending more to Gulf
Cambodian avatars pray to spirits for rain, peace with Thailand
Indonesian-Malaysian cross-cultural festival Latihan Pestapora Malaysia returns to Bukit Jalil with another exciting line-up

Others Also Read