Anti-porn campaign yields results


BEIJING: The National Office for the Fight Against Pornography and Illegal Publications has released data from the anti-pornography campaign last year, saying authorities across the country have strengthened the elimination of harmful information, helping create a safe atmosphere for minors.

Authorities nationwide have seized more than 17 million illegal publications and eliminated more than 12 million pieces of obscene, pornographic and other harmful information online, compared with 11.1 million pieces of such material in 2019.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Nearly 13,000 displaced by deadly Indonesian quake await aid
Sunway Medical Centre Velocity named top green hospital in Malaysia
Pakatan leaders to meet to discuss outcomes of PKR congress, DAP conference, says Fahmi
Indonesia marks 81st Independence Day with patriotic celebrations and solemn remembrance
Singapore to halt construction waste exports to Malaysia, says SWCorp
Nation's six per cent GDP growth benefits must be felt by the people, says Fahmi
Vietnam Airlines Boeing 787 returned to Munich after a takeoff incident
Taiwan's president says record defence spending is an investment in peace
Court sets Feb 22 to decide on Daim family's bid to challenge account seizures
Busan’s Haeundae named Korea’s first global tourism zone

Others Also Read